Welcome Spring Into Your Finecraft Builders Home
Step outside and take a breath of fresh, clean air — spring has arrived! What better way to celebrate the season of new beginnings than by freshening up your new home in Indiana? From your window sills to your pillows, small changes make a big difference in the look and feel of your living space.
This season, make some easy adjustments to your beautiful home to start out the best time of the year right.
Tips for Spring Cleaning
- Welcome Home: Spruce up your outdoor welcome mat by hosing it down and letting it air-dry. Another effective way of stopping dirt in its tracks (no pun intended) is to use a mat on the inside of your door as well. If you already have one, vacuum both sides of it to really get the dirt out for a new season of visitors.
- Bubble Fun: Did you know that one of your favorite beverages is also one of the best cleaning agents for your refrigerator? After you’ve thrown out food you don’t want, give your appliance a deep clean with a mixture of salt and soda water. The “abrasive texture of the salt” mixes with the bubbles to scrub grime away.
- Dust It Off: Even the simplest tasks can make a big impact. Dusting off the surfaces of your home, from your coffee table to your kitchen counters to your window sills, can give your entire home a fresh vibe and feel. With a cloth or store-bought duster, get around places like coffeemaker nooks, pictures frames, and vases.
- Color Your World: Nothing signifies the season of new beginnings quite like bright, vibrant colors. Bring a little bit of that natural beauty into your home with a few easy changes — patterned pillows on your couch, a bold throw in your living room, colorful dish towels in your kitchen, fun soap dispensers in your bathroom, etc.
- Trash Talk: Believe it not, your trash can needs some cleaning love too. Although this might not sound like the most fun chore, you’ll be singing its praises once your trash can is as good as new. Completely empty your kitchen trash can, spray it with a disinfectant, scrub it with a toilet brush, and voila! The smells are long gone.
- Bedroom Beauty: There are few places more special in your home than your luxurious and cozy bedroom. Refresh this space by switching out thicker winter sheets and pillowcases for light and airy spring ones. Add pops of color and life with light-colored duvets and sheets, floral pillowcases, a new plant, or a bright throw rug.
- Window To Your Soul: There’s nothing sweeter than natural light flowing into your home after a long winter, so make sure your windows are ready for the new season! Give them a good scrubbing to ensure that dust and dirt don’t get in the way. Dust blinds and curtains as well for extra freshness. Let there be sunlight!
- Flower Power: The most prominent sign of spring, fresh flowers make this time of the year so enjoyable. Whether in your master bedroom, great room, guest bathroom, or kitchen, sweet-smelling flowers like lilacs, tulips, and daffodils make your home feel clean, light, and beautiful… and most of all, as happy as can be.
- Gut Your Garage: Let’s face it, it’s not difficult to let the things in your garage pile up. With the official start of spring around the corner, make it a point to tackle your garage! After sorting items into piles (keep, donate, sell, recycle), do a little dusting, sweeping, and wiping down, and it’ll be as good as new in no time.
There’s nothing as sweet as springtime scents and a little bit of sunshine! This season, make sure your Finecraft Builders home feels just as fresh as it does outside with a few fun adjustments. From all of us at Finecraft Builders, have a happy and refreshing spring!